Family Events in April 2018
Free Community Day
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Museum of Art
- 11:30 to 3:30 PM
Smith College Museum of Art hosts
FREE COMMUNITY DAY!
inspired by 体 Modern Images of the Body from East Asia
All ages welcome!
Free museum admission all day ~ Free activities from 11:30–3:30: music and dance performances ~ art-making ~ food truck (bring cash)
11:30 AM—Storytime with Forbes Library – Winslow Teaching Gallery, Lower Level. Afterwards, sign up for a library card in the museum’s Atrium from 12-1pm
12:30 PM—Taiko drum performance, Atrium
1–2 PM & 2:30–3:30 PM—Art+Story comics workshop | Space limited; sign up at the Welcome Table
- ONGOING ACTIVITIES
- Welcome Table, First Floor, outside Sacerdote Gallery—Stop by to pick up a schedule of activities as well as Discovery Cards and sign up for our workshop Art + Story. Also, let us know what you think about Community Day and help us plan for future family-friendly programs. Share your thoughts and get on our mailing list for future events.
- Flipbook Photobooth, Atrium—Step into the mobile photo booth and get your body in motion to become the star of your own keepsake flipbook. While waiting for your flipbook to print, check out our campus and community partner booths and enjoy complimentary light refreshments!
- Make your Mark!, L18 Studio Classroom, Lower Level—Collaborate and get messy in the art studio (plastic aprons provided).. Play with line and texture for a bold exploration using washable black paint.
- Calligraphy workshop, L18 Studio Classroom,
- Lower Level
- Food Truck—Looking for more than a snack?
- Visit the food truck parked outside the Museum! (Bring cash).
April 13 Free Second Friday
- Friday, April 13, 2018
- Museum of Art
- 4–8 PM
4–7 PM Hands-on! Art making for all ages, inspired by works on view
Make beautiful block prints drawn from real flowers and leaves from the Smith College Botanic Garden and inspired by FLOWERING STARS: Prints by Dwight Pogue.
6 PM Open Eyes: Guided conversation exploring a different art object each month
Museum Shop open + complimentary light refreshments