SCMA is now
free to all
Free admission has been made possible by Smith alumnae Jan Fullgraf Golann '71 and Jane Timken ‘64.
What's on view
- Untitled Frederick John Eversley1970
- Market SceneDiego Rivera1930
- Rolling PowerCharles Sheeler1939
- Head of a Woman Federigo Barocci1574
- Mirror with Design of BirdsUnknownHan Dynasty (206 BCE–220 CE)
- Heads and Hands IIRichard Foster Yarde1992
- CollageAnne RyanDecember 1951
- Pascal's Triangle IVAgnes Denes 1974
- Three Crosses, Christ Crucified Between the Two ThievesRembrandt Harmensz. van Rijn1653
Sum of Its Parts: Multi-Panel Works on Paper from the Collection
This installation includes multi-panel photographs, prints, and collages from the SCMA collection made between the 17th and 21st centuries.
Multiplying Power: Image as Protest in Prints and Photographs
This installation displays a range of prints and photographs from the SCMA collection whose circulation documents and sparks social change.
Figuration and Abstraction: Asian Art at SCMA
Drawing from the SCMA's holdings of Asian art collected over more than a century, this exhibition features paintings, sculptures, prints,…
Deborah Jack: the water between us remembers, so we carry this history on our skins, long for a sea-bath and hope that the salt will heal what ails us (2018)
How do memory, place, nature, and the afterlives of slavery and colonialism connect?