Although SCMA's galleries are closed through December 2020 as part of "A Culture of Care" at Smith College, we have expanded the museum's digital resources and made them easily accessible.
Featuring unique and creative objects that have been sourced from artists, designers and makers around the globe
SCMA has launched a new online exhibition. This exhibition invites viewers to join the museum in looking back to look forward, as SCMA continues to refine what it means to be a museum in the 21st century.
SCMA is a virtual resource and connecting point for all visitors—both within the Smith College community and beyond
- Southern Breeze, Clear Weather, from the series Thirty-six Views of Mount FujiKatsushika HokusaiEdo period (1615–1868), 1831
- Illuminated Page with Poetry of Omar KhayyamUnknown19th century
- The Birth of RMB CityCao Fei2009
- Departure of Lady Wenji from the Nomad CampPossibly Sheng MouYuan dynasty (1271–1368),14th century
- Reading the LegendLilly Martin Spencer1852
- SpringToko, Shinoda1978
- In Grandmother's TimeThomas Eakins1876
- SeascapeAlfred Thompson Bricher1874
- Midget's Dream (with added banner)Max, Peter1967