SCMA has launched a new online exhibition. This exhibition invites viewers to join the museum in looking back to look forward, as SCMA continues to refine what it means to be a museum in the 21st century.
Although SCMA's galleries are closed through December 2020 as part of "A Culture of Care" at Smith College, we have expanded the museum's digital resources and made them easily accessible.
Featuring unique and creative objects that have been sourced from artists, designers and makers around the globe
SCMA is a virtual resource and connecting point for all visitors—both within the Smith College community and beyond
- Mirror with Design of BirdsUnknownHan Dynasty (206 BCE–220 CE)
- Smiling FaunUnknown1st century CE
- Mrs. Edith MahonThomas Eakins 1904
- Rolling PowerCharles Sheeler1939
- Shell Vessel Koike Shōko1999
- Buzkashi, from the series MusharaffSaira Wasim2003–2004
- Horned OwlUnknownShang dynasty (17th–11th century BCE)
- In Grandmother's TimeThomas Eakins1876
- Departure of Lady Wenji from the Nomad CampPossibly Sheng MouYuan dynasty (1271–1368),14th century