- There is a drop-off area in front of the museum for visitors with disabilities
- A roughly 50-foot-long ramp at the entrance and elevators in the building provide full wheelchair access to museum spaces
- There is a power-assist door at the entrance. Museum staff can assist with other doors
- Accessible restrooms are located on the 2nd and Lower Level floors.
- Folding stools are available in all galleries
- Service animals are welcome
Mobility devices and strollers
- SCMA galleries are accessible for visitors using mobility devices and strollers. A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available in the Lobby Coat room first-come, first-served, and free of charge.
- Not all interior doors in the museum's galleries are equipped with power assist. There are Gallery Assistants on each floor of the museum that are available to help visitors.
For visitors with kids
A stroller is available at the front desk
We ask that you leave hard-frame baby carriers in the coatroom
There is a drop-off area and one accessible parking space in front of the museum. A 50-foot ramp at about a 30-degree incline leads to the museum entrance.
Additional parking for visitors with disabilities is available at College Hall (at 17 Elm Street, 320 feet from the museum) and in the Unity Lot or the Alumnae House Lot off of Bedford Terrace (about 500 feet from the museum). If you have an accessible parking placard, you may park in any accessible space or white-lined space on campus.
If you qualify to park in accessible spaces but do not have a placard, you can get a temporary pass by visiting Smith Disability Services or calling 413-585-2071.
We are committed to making the SCMA website as accessible and easy to use as possible for all visitors. Our website is fully compliant with the accessibility standards of WCAG 2.0 Level AA for web-based technology. If you encounter issues with any of our webpages, please email email@example.com.
To request special accommodations, please contact Justin Thomas, Visitor Experience Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.