SCMA is now
free to all
Free admission has been made possible by Smith alumnae Jan Fullgraf Golann '71 and Jane Timken ‘64.
What's on view
- Cathedral at Rouen (La Cour d'Albane)Claude Monet1892–1894
- The DrinkerJan Steenca. 1660–1665
- SeascapeAlfred Thompson Bricher1874
- Market SceneDiego Rivera1930
- Head of a Man Emma Cartwright Bourne1940
- Ceremonial Axe Unknown late 19th century–early 20th century
- Pascal's Triangle IVAgnes Denes 1974
- Mrs. Edith MahonThomas Eakins 1904
- Horned OwlUnknownShang dynasty (17th–11th century BCE)
Sum of Its Parts: Multi-Panel Works on Paper from the Collection
This installation includes multi-panel photographs, prints, and collages from the SCMA collection made between the 17th and 21st centuries.
Multiplying Power: Image as Protest in Prints and Photographs
This installation displays a range of prints and photographs from the SCMA collection whose circulation documents and sparks social change.
Figuration and Abstraction: Asian Art at SCMA
Drawing from the SCMA's holdings of Asian art collected over more than a century, this exhibition features paintings, sculptures, prints,…
Deborah Jack: the water between us remembers, so we carry this history on our skins, long for a sea-bath and hope that the salt will heal what ails us (2018)
How do memory, place, nature, and the afterlives of slavery and colonialism connect?