SCMA is now
free to all
Free admission has been made possible by Smith alumnae Jan Fullgraf Golann '71 and Jane Timken ‘64.
What's on view
- Heads and Hands IIRichard Foster Yarde1992
- Smiling FaunUnknown1st century CE
- Head of a Man Emma Cartwright Bourne1940
- The Birth of RMB CityCao Fei2009
- Chin & Eyes from the series Recycled RealitiesTom Youngca. 2000
- Orphan Man with Walking StickVincent van Gogh1882
- Betty Selvage and Faith Speights from The Birmingham ProjectDawoud Bey2012
- Head of a Woman Federigo Barocci1574
- Mrs. Edith MahonThomas Eakins 1904
Painting the Persianate World: Portable Images on Paper, Cloth and Clay
Despite the mountain range that divides them, Greater Iran and the Indian subcontinent have long been in contact through trade and…
Worlds in Process: Art from the SCMA Collection
This project, called Worlds in Process: Art from the SCMA Collection, pilots new strategies for displaying the collection.
Cloudless Blue Egress of Summer by Sky Hopinka
Cloudless Blue Egress of Summer is a two-channel film by artist and filmmaker Sky Hopinka on view in SCMA’s Video and New Media Gallery.
A Beacon to the World: Art from the Sylvia Smith Lewis ’74 and Byron E. Lewis Sr. Collection
This special installation celebrates the recent donation of artwork from Sylvia Smith Lewis, class of 1974, and her husband, Byron E. Lewis…
Elizabeth Sacktor ‘24 is a History Major and Studio Art Minor with a Museum Concentration. She has worked since the fall of 2022 as a Student Museum Educator (SME) at SCMA.view all blog posts